Cambon Partners — Fundraising team — Overview S1 2020
Cambon Partners and the Fundraising team are pleased to share with you an overview of what we have achieved over the last months.
Despite the Covid, many things happened. :)
15 deals over the last 12 months
- Powell — collaboration enterprise SaaS — Level Equity & Caphorn
- LaBelleVie — dark grocery store — Capagro, FJ Lab & A Plus Finance
- Spareka — e-commerce platform for spare parts in home living — Demeter
- Paylead — fintech — CNP, Side Capital & business angels
- Andjaro — HR tech SaaS — Idinvest, Arkea, Balderton, Edenred, SAP, Sofiouest, Alliance & Swen
- Jenji — fintech SaaS — Idinvest
- Uptime — elevator maintenance SaaS — Serena
- Araxxe — telecom SaaS — Crédit Mutuel Innovations & Société Générale Capital Partenaires
- Eldotravo — martech SaaS — Irdi & M Capital
- Komgo — blockchain solution for commodity trading — ABN AMRO, ING, Société Générale, BNP Paribas, CA Indosuez, Citibank, Macquarie, Natixis, Koch, Gunvor & ConsenSys
- Legalplace — legaltech — Afir & Day One
- Onatera — e-commerce health & beauty — Capital Croissance
- Wizaplace — marketplace editor SaaS — BPI France, Crédit Mutuel Innovation & Omnes Capital
- 2 deals not yet announced… stay tuned
Key learning outcomes from this (very strange) semester
- Covid-19 x venture capital
After a few weeks of crisis management where VCs were focused on supporting their portfolio companies, fundraisings are now back to ‘normal’ levels.
However the bar seems to have risen again on the road to the precious Term Sheet. At Cambon, we didn’t stop working and we closed 6 deals during the lockdown. We are no magicians; we just work with amazing entrepreneurs and manage to help them strengthen their processes!
In these times, investors seem to favor solid, down to earth business models and tend to stay away from businesses with unclear path to profitability. Obviously, exceptions do exist!
- The rise of dual tracks
One more trend we noticed is the rise of “dual tracks” whereby entrepreneurs and their VCs wish to explore exit options in parallel of a fundraising process. The good news is that corporate acquirers are on the lookout for innovative tools and solutions that will help them remain relevant in tomorrow’s world!
What we wrote about & did this semester
- Covid-19 Impact study. We ran an extensive study of Covid-19 effects on French startups with our friends at 2C Finance.
- Foreign VCs in France over the last 10 years. The number of deals with foreign VCs has been multiplied by 7 over the last decade. From 1 per month to 1 every 3 days! And it keeps going up.
- HR Tech meetup. We were lucky to receive 50+ entrepreneurs and corporates in our office in February. Interested in the next HR event? Ping us.
What to expect during the 2nd semester of 2020?
- We already have 4 deals under term sheet or soon to be announced. We will keep you posted.
- Our next meetups this semester? About Impact, B2C brands and Proptech. Interested? Ping us.